Happy Sunday, people of Three Village! Here’s everything worth knowing around town today.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and breezy. High: 50, Low: 41.
Here are the top 4 stories in Three Village today:
- The Stony Brook Grist Mill Tours will open its season on April 16! Tours will be available every Saturday and Sunday between 1-4:30 p.m. and will be held until October 31. For more information call The Ward Melville Heritage Organization (WMHO) at 631.751.2244. (Stony Brook Village)
- Counselor in Training for Summer Program 2022 is set for April 15 at 9 a.m. at the Gallery North. The program is for students of age 12-15 who are interested in teacher assistance positions in the CIT program and will have the opportunity to work as an ArtVentures counselor in the future. (Patch)
- Nearby News: An arrest was made in the case of the murder of Northwell employee, Amelia Laguerre, at the hospital parking garage in New Hyde Park last week. Quay-Sean Renard Hines, of Bay Shore, is charged with second-degree murder. Hines’s first court appearance is scheduled for this Saturday. (Patch)
- Local doctors encourage the community to go back to normal activities regardless of the slight increase in COVID-19 numbers. Dr. Sean Clousten, associate professor of Public Health at Stony Brook University, said the symptoms of the new variant, called BA.2, appear like a stomach bug. (tbrnewsmedia)
Today in Three Village:
- Alice in Wonderland at Stony Brook Community Church. (7:30 p.m.)
- Ramanavami – Three Village CSD. (All Day)
- Indoor Farmers Market – Village of Port Jefferson. (10 a.m.)
- STEEL MAGNOLIAS – Theater Three. (3 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Stony Brook University: “We need more of a lead. Vote now in the link in the Bio.” (Instagram)
- Three Village Swim Club: “Counties pasta party 2022. We are ready!” (Instagram)
- Hiring Three Village area’s top-rated home professionals Has Never Been Easier. (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Loving the Three Village Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following along and staying informed. I’ll see you around!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please contact me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.