Hello again, Cedar Park-Leander! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Cedar Park-Leander Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Cedar Park-Leander Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Cedar Park-Leander long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Plenty of sunshine. High: 75 Low: 46.
Here are the top three stories in Cedar Park-Leander today:
- According to the Mobility Authority, congestion will worsen, mobility will be reduced, and travel times will be less reliable along U.S. 183 between State Highway 45 North and Loop 1 (MoPac) as the communities of Cedar Park, Leander, and Liberty Hill continue to grow. To improve mobility, congestion, and travel time, Great Hills Constructors (GHC) will begin construction on the nine-mile stretch of U.S. 183 in April 2022. The $612 million “183 North Mobility Project” is expected to take about four years, with construction ending in 2026. Some of the construction includes two new express lanes in each direction, a general-purpose lane, express lane direct connectors, new shared-use path connections, new sidewalks, and cross-street connections for bicycles/pedestrians. (Construction Equipment Guide)
- Endeavor Physical Therapy, located in Cedar Park, was acquired by H2 Health on Mar. 1, 2022. It will continue to provide outpatient physical therapy and hand therapy. Founder Enrique Hazel will work as the regional director of operations in Central Texas for H2. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- Looking for a home in the local area? Patch and Redfin have compiled a list of open houses in the Cedar-Park Leander area. Explore a beautiful four bedroom in Cedar Park on Saturday, Apr. 9, 2022. (Cedar Park-Leander Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is getting raves from consumer electronic experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Cedar Park-Leander:
- Bagdad Spirit Night At Leander Pizza Hut 1395 US-183 (All Day)
- Cedar Park / Leander Business Happy Hour + Networking At Whitestone Brewery (4:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Leander ISD is hiring a high school criminal justice teacher! Learn more by clicking on the link. (Twitter)
- Texas Humane Heroes announced its new Vet Tech Check! Starting Apr. 12, 2022, the vet tech team will administer vaccines and tests every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at its Leander location. View the link for more details. (Facebook)
Loving the Cedar Park-Leander Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s it for today. I’ll see you around!
— Rose Mendez
About me: Rose Mendez is a freelance writer. She is studying English Literature at Hunter College. She loves reading, walking around the city, and coffee!